With so many defibrillators on the market today how are you to know which is the best. No matter if it is for personal use or for your place of business there can be several factors involved. For some the price is the key factor in determining which defibrillator is the best for you. For others it may come down to which one is easier to use. I am going to try my best to lay a little ground work and tell you what an AED is and what does AED stand for. We will look at AED pads and some of the differences with those. Also we’ll look at AED batteries as well as a few other things along the way. For our purposes so as not to overload you with too much information we will look at two different AED brands and some of there features and try not to sway you one way or the other but to let you make up your mind for yourself when it’s all said and done. With that all said and done let’s begin. Visit aed cabinet
AED stands for automated external defibrillator. It is basically a defibrillator that is much easier to use. It doesn’t require a bunch of AED training. And it’s more portable to be able to take with you almost anywhere. Obviously you aren’t going to do that with the big one’s you see in a hospital.
AED Pads and batteries
– Heartsine has done something a little different from other manufacturers. They have put the AED electrodes and the batteries in to one single-use cartridge. They call it the Pad-Pak. So when you need to replace the pads or batteries you just have one thing to replace.
– The there are two different PAd-Pak’s
– The Adult Pad-Pak is gray and can be used on patients from eight years old to adults weighing more than 25 kg/55 lbs.
– The Pediatric-Pak is pink and can be used on patients that are younger than eight years of age weighing less than 25 kg/55 lbs.
– The Zoll AED Plus uses separate electrode pads and batteries. The two types of pads I would like to cover for the Zoll are the CPR-D-padz for adults and the Pedi-padz II for children up to eight. There are more pads to choose from but those are the two I’ve chosen to cover. They seem to be the most popular ones for the Zoll.
– The CPR-D Padz are pretty cool with the technology that is in them. They have what is called Real CPR Help.